The notes we capture in Microsoft OneNote application is stored in files. These files are stored in the user’s Documents folder. The exact location is:
In the above folder,you can find a separate folder for each notebook you have. Each of the note book folders will have a file (with the extension .one) for each of the sections in the notebook.
How to change OneNote files location?
- In OneNote 2010, we can change the files location by doing the following.
- Open File menu. Select Options.
- Click on ‘Save & Backup‘ tab. Here you can configure options for saving and backing up OneNote files.
- select ‘Default Notebook Location‘ under Save. Click on Modify button and set your desired folder as the new location.
- Click on OK and close the options window.
- From now onwards, every note book you create will be stored in the new location. The old note book files will still be in the old location.