In Windows 7 My documents folder default location is C:\Users\Loginid\Documents. For example administrator’s Documents folder would be in C:\Users\administrator\Documents. However this can be changed through Documents properties window. Detailed steps are given below.
- Click on Start button
- Right click on Documents
- Click on Properties
- As you can see above, My documents current save location is C:\users\Techblogger (Techblogger is the login id of this account)
- Click on Include a folder button.
- Select the new location for Documents folder
- Click on ‘Include Folder‘
- You can see that new folder is added to the list of locations for Documents folder. In this example, it is e:\docs
Now click on the new entry added and click on ‘Set save location’
Now e:\docs is the default location for My Documents folder. To avoid confusion, you can remove the old location from the list using ‘Remove‘ button.